Sandbaggers Anonymous

For Golfers and non golfers. Sandbagging isn't just a golfing set of tricks.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

When a friend passes

I heard about Peter Benchley passing on Feb 11.
He's the author of "Jaws"

Yesterday morning I heard about the wife of a friend of mine passing on, Feb 11.
She had a shorter life than Peter's. Chris was not famous, but she loved her husband and he loved her.

Both Peter and Chris had trouble breathing.

I found this quote in an article about Peter Benchley and it's from Peter's book...

"The great fish moved silently through the night water, propelled by short sweeps of its crescent tail."

Peter's book may have caused nightmares but there is a serenity to his choice of and sound of his words, so I paraphrase for my release of anger at the news about Chris.

This great life of ours need not move silently through the night, nor should it consist of short sweeps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Horace J. Digby said...

These are wonderful thoughts J.J. I'll cherish them. A close friend, former Senator, permanent SandBagger just passed. You've made me optimistic for him and all the rest of us.

Horace J. Digby

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home